Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm in Trouble; Help!

In one of my devotional times this past week I was meditating on Psalm 80. The psalmist prays, "Restore us, O God of hosts; let your face shine that we may be saved."

He goes on to to point out to God that it was Him who "brought a vine out of Egypt" and it was Him who "drove out the nations" for this "vine."

As I reflected on this psalm 3 lessons regarding prayer came to my mind. I should pray according to:
  1. The Purpose of God - What do I know for sure about God's heart and His purposes?
  2. The Past Behavior of God - What has He done in, through, and for us in the past?
  3. The Present Calling of God - What is God doing today? Even if the present looks grim, I can trust that God will continue His work in and through me (Ph. 1:6).
Would love to hear from church planters, pastors, or any Christ-follower who would like to give me some feedback. Thanks!

No comments: