Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Valentine

It was Valentines Day, 35 years ago (senior year in high school), that I sent my first valentine to a girl whom I fell in love with on our first date (9 months prior), though I first met her in 7th grade (another story), who later became my wife (33 years ago). She has been, and will always be, the love of my life. I love her smile, I love her voice, I love her touch, I love her embrace, I love everything about her. She has always gone the extra mile for me and with me. Every song Chicago sings makes me think about her. As I look back over the years, I can't imagine what life would have been like without her. She has been and will always be the greatest treasure of my heart. For me, Valentines Day is the day that I feel the most blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never forget those beautiful flowers you sent those years ago...I was stunned when I walked in the door from school and saw them! Of all the flowers you've sent through the years, those were the most amazing, because I received them from the most amazing guy! I'm so glad you've been my valentine for all these years!

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

Great choice for a lifetime Valentine.

LNW